My Avator

My Avator

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thing #8

Social Media....  where to begin?? 




Facebook: I have to say that I don't know that many people who don't have an account through Facebook. I started mine years ago when it was first launched. At that time I had MySpace and that was the coolest thing (I think I was 18 at the time) When Facebook emerged, all I could think was "What kind of stuff is this" and I was completely turned off from it.... Fast forward a year and that's what I switched over to. Now many of us use it as a great resource to keep in touch with our families all over the world. It's neat how my relatives can see pictures of my girls and their activities by just clicking a button. This app is very easy to use if you already have a Facebook acct. You are able to post, share, etc as if you were on a computer. I like the app because it is easy to check my feed on the run or write a quick message to a friend. 



Twitter: Tweet, tweet.... I have to say that I'm not a fan of the Twitter. It's a app that has a feed that allows you to "tweet" or follow other people's "tweets" throughout the day and so on. As of right now not very many of my friends use this app so it's not too interesting to read about what trouble Justin Beiber got into last night. The only reason that I am keeping this app and using it is because my daughters Kindergarten teacher using this as a way for parents to see what their children are doing throughout the school day. 

For example today she posted: "Painting with cars" 
 The gives us as parents the opportunity to know what our kids are doing throughout the day because I don't know about any of you other parents out there but when I ask my six year old what they did today, she always says "The same thing we did yesterday or we played". Great use of an app!

Now onto a new one that I've never tried:



HootSuite: This app was very easy to install and connected with the social media networks that I use (Twitter & Facebook). This is a convenient app that allows you to check both feeds on the same app. I would recommend this app to anyone that uses a variety of different social networks and likes to have everything all in one easy convenient place!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment