My Avator

My Avator

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thing #3

Starting thing #3 is an all new experience for me as I have never used any of the apps listed. I decided to go with iHome as I thought this would be an app that I would use on a regular basis...

iHome:  This app is designed for sleep routines. It has features to help you fall asleep to calm sounds, wake to music and read overnight news. It also has a sleep log that you can use to monitor and improve your sleep.After downloading this app and getting a peek at it, I was a little confused on how it was supposed to be used. I tested the alarm to make sure that worked correctly as I use my phone as an alarm clock. That passed the test. At this point I'm still a little confused on how to use the app and what purpose it really serves other than the alarm clock. It does have a weather feature which I really like. 

Pros: Alarm clock
Weather 

Cons: Hard to use
No instructions

Overall: I don't think that this is a product that I will continue to use and it really doesn't interest me that much and I really don't get how to use it. I gave it a shot... what can I say?

RedLaser- Barcode Scanner: I love this app!!!! This app is designed for you to scan barcodes and find the best deals around. I decided to give this a little try at work and test this on some of the books and DVDs we owe. It was awesome and fast. I was able to scan the movie "The Lone Ranger" and it could tell me seven different locations were I could get a copy of the movie. What an awesome app! I think many people would find this app convenient during a shopping trip when you are trying to get the best deal around. Due to the weather (lots of blowing and snow) I am not going to the store anytime soon but will definately try it out one day. 

Overall: Great app that is worth trying if you like to find the best deal or don't mind shopping around. It is also just fun to use!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment