My Avator

My Avator

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Thing #19 Hobbies

When looking at the apps listed on this particular thing, I have to admit that none of them really stick out to me but I'll give one of them a chance before I try to find my own hobby app in which I will actually use. 

Sibley eGuide to Birds of North America LITE: I decided to try this particular app because we have recently noticed a bunch of different birds coming to our bird feeder that stands in our backyard. My daughters are very interested in what kind of birds they are and why they come to our feeder. 

The first bird that we were able to identify was the "American Goldfinch". This bird is absolutely gorgeous with it's range of bright yellow coloring. 



Another very common bird that we see pecking around our feeding is the "American Robin". I think most people are familiar with this type of bird in Northern Minnesota because when they start appearing it usually means spring is on it's way. ( Three more snows as I have heard. ) 

 This was the extent of what we see in our feeder that is listed in this LITE version of Sibley's Bird eGuide. We do see a lot of pretty Blue Jays but unfortunately they are not listed on this guide. We will have to do research another way to find out about these magnificent creatures. 

Since this thing is all about hobbies, I decided to go ahead and try out a hobby app that I would enjoy. I downloaded Daily Knitting. This app is a great place to look at different people's blogs and videos and acquire new patterns to work on. I think this app is a great way to find new and creative ideas when you are stuck in a rut. As a beginning knitter, I enjoy the videos more than anything. I am a visual learner and learn better from watching than just reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment